In order to integrate with OpsLevel, we recommend creating a service account. This is because Azure DevOps application installations are bound to an individual user. By using a service account, you give administrators control over what Organizations and Projects OpsLevel has access to.
To ensure OpsLevel will have sufficient permissions to access your Azure DevOps repositories, you must:
- Enable Third-party application via OAuth for each Organization that this user has access to.
- This allows OpsLevels access to the organization.
- This user must be in the Project Administrators Group for each Project that this user has access to.
- This allows OpsLevel to create subscriptions for Git Repository push events to allow us to synchronize data in real-time
We recommend using a new Incognito/Private browsing window to perform these steps. This is due to how Azure DevOps retains your login session.
Once the Azure DevOps user has been configured, you will be able to integrate your OpsLevel account with your Azure DevOps instance by:
- In the OpsLevel app, clicking Integrations in the left sidebar.
- Clicking on the + New Integration button.
- Clicking the Azure DevOps integration card.
- Follow the instructions from Azure DevOps to approve the application.
OpsLevel will validate that the correct permissions are available for all the Organizations and Projects that the Azure DevOps user has access to. OpsLevel will then create the integration and start importing data from Git repositories and monitor them for changes.
During the integration installation process, OpsLevel validates that all organizations and projects have the correct permissions. If permissions are not granted, the installation will fail with error(s).
This occurs when the organization does not have Third-party application via OAuth enabled for the Organization access policies.
Enable Third-party application via OAuth for each Organization that this user has access to.
This occurs when the Azure DevOps user installing the OpsLevel application does not have permissions to Edit or View subscriptions. These subscriptions are used to monitor the Azure DevOps Git repositories for changes.
This user must be in the Project Administrators Group for each Project that this user has access to.
If you have any questions or feedback, let us know at [email protected].
Updated 5 months ago